Friday, October 24, 2008

Family Reunion at the Camp

This weekend is our family reunion at the FFA Camp. We look forward to it all year. We all stay in the same cabin, eat in the dining hall, toast marshmallows around the bonfire and canoe to the shoals, where we always pose for our holiday card picture. This year will be different for several reasons.

First, my mother and sister won't be there this year. They are flying to Vietnam today to complete the adoption process of my new niece, Lucie. I can't wait to meet my precious new niece, but it just won't be the same without Mom and Lisa.

Second, it is cold and rainy today, so we'll have to forgo the bonfire tonight. I'm hoping the rain will hold off tomorrow and that it will warm up a little bit, so we can still take the canoes to the shoals. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Third, we aren't going to be able to spend tomorrow night at the camp. I bought theater tickets to see "Wicked" tomorrow night without realizing there was a scheduling conflict. We have been wanting to see the show for over a year, so we made the difficult decision to leave the reunion early. We will just make the most of the time we do spend at the camp!

As always, I waited until the last minute to pack, so I better get busy!

I'm Lynn, and this is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment